THE PLAN OF SALVATION
ARE YOU READY TO RECEIVE GOD’S FREE GIFT?
If you are, you need to call on Him in prayer. You may pray your own prayer. Or, if you need help in praying, you may use the following sinner’s prayer if you truly make it your own confession.
I know I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I know you died on the cross for me. I now turn from my sins and ask you to forgive me. I now invite you into my heart and life. I now trust you as Savior and follow you as Lord. Thank you for saving me. Amen.
Did you ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins?
Did you ask Him to save you?
Did you give Jesus complete control of your life?
If so, welcome to God’s family!
Why not pause for a moment and thank Him for saving you.
WHAT DOES JESUS WANT YOU TO DO NOW?
First, He wants you to have assurance of your salvation. You can be certain you have eternal life:
- Because you have been born again and birth is a one-time experience (see 2 Corinthians 5:17).
- Because of your commitment. You did what the Bible told you to do (see Romans 10:13).
- Because of God’s witness (see 1 John 5:11-13).
- Because of God’s promise (see John 5:24).
Second, as evidence of giving Jesus control of your life, He wants you to publicly confess Him and follow Him in baptism and church membership. The Bible says, “Those who had received his word were baptized; and … the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved” (Acts 2:41-47).
Third, Jesus wants you to grow into a strong, faithful disciple. The Bible says, “Like newborn babes, long for the pure milk of the word, that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2-3).
There are four absolutes in growth:
- Food. Spiritual food is God’s Word (the Bible). You should read it, study it, memorize it, practice it, and hear it taught and preached.
- Breathing. Spiritual breathing is prayer. Spend time every day talking to God about everything you do; about your needs and problems; about family and friends; and tell Him how much you love Him and how grateful you are.
- Exercise. Spiritual exercise means helping others, witnessing, giving time and energy to God’s work, and being a living testimony to the world you live in.
- Rest. Spiritual rest means worship: both public and private worship. Rest means being still and waiting on God. It means physical and spiritual renewal.
Fourth, Jesus wants you to experience victory over sin in your daily life. The Bible says, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world and this is the victory that has overcome the world – our faith” (l John 5:4).
- The Christian life is difficult, but victory is assured because “Greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).
- Even with victory assured, there will be acts of disobedience and failures because of your human nature. However, God has provided a means by which you can be cleansed of daily sins. His word says, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
- So, when you sin, don’t try to deny it or excuse it. Rather, name your sin to God, and claim His promise of forgiveness.e